Hello loves, I wanted to share a super simple popcorn recipe I’ve been using lately! It’s great for when I want to have a movie night or need a little snack to take to the park. It’s a great holistic alternative to packaged popcorn which can contain a lot of processed and harmful ingredients. Not to mention it’s gluten free, And stores great in a jar!
I also wanted to expand more on Ghee, which is what I use to butter this popcorn 🙂
Ghee is a clarified butter that is heated for longer than most butter. This allows the healthy liquid fats to separate from the milk solids which are removed before packaging. With only the healthy fats left, Ghee has a ton of health benefits! Not only is it a great alternative for those who have lactose sensitivities, but it has a great buttery taste to it too!
Ghee is packed with Omega 3’s which aid in heart health and boost your energy. It also contains butyric acid and Vitamin A, which has shown significance in reducing inflammation and lowering oxidative stress in the body! Can you see why I was so excited to share this with you today?! 😀
The amount you consume Ghee is important, so by just adding it to recipes, cooking with it, or taking a tablespoon a day is all you need. I hope you enjoy this super simple recipe and welcoming Ghee to your life!
To make this yummy popcorn,
You will need:
1 TBSP Olive Oil (to cook your popcorn)
1/2 cup popcorn Kernels (Makes two small bowls)
Himalayan Pink Salt
1 TBSP Ghee
Medium to Large pot with Lid.
- In a medium to large pot, add olive oil and heat over low-medium. To check the heat, throw in a few kernels. Once they pop, your oil is ready 🙂
- Add kernels to pot and place lid on top, tilting lid to leave some air and prevent burnt popcorn. Give the pot a shake to distribute olive oil over kernels and keep an eye on it as the magic happens (Roughly 6-8 minutes)!
- While waiting for popcorn to pop, heat saucepan over low heat, add Ghee. Let melt down to a liquid and turn off heat.
- Once popcorn starts popping, remove and add half to bowl.
- Add melted Ghee while shaking. Add desired pink salt. Add other half and repeat. Feel free to shake some pepper and any other natural toppings you’d like 😉
- Enjoy until your heart is content 🙂 Store the rest in a jar if needed, up to a week!
Love and Light,